I’m looking into Edge computing at work. By Edge computing I mean running WASM programs in lots and lots of smallish computers in places near to actual people (rather than in huge cloud data centres). I think it’s cool because I love Rust, and Rust is the leading language to compile to WASM.
Here are some companies providing Edge computing services:
- Fastly – good links with WASM community (hired Mozilla devs), and early adopters – custom WASM engine wasmtime.
- Cloudflare – huge, and early adopters – WASM engine is Google V8.
- AWS Lambda@Edge – docs are light on detail, but it looks like a real offering, probably.
- I couldn’t see how to get started on Google cloud.
- Microsoft Azure appears not to be ready for general use yet?
Who did I miss?