An introduction to the Rust language basics.
- What Rust is and why you might want to learn it
- Examining a simple program
- Learning about the types of variable you can have (numbers, strings, tuples, arrays)
- Introducing control flow with if, for, while and loop
- Talking about functions and expressions
- Preparing ourselves for the next video, which is about memory management
If you’d like to learn more about Unicode and character sets, try my video Interesting Characters where I share how surprisingly interesting this whole area is.
The course materials for this series are developed by tweede golf. You can find more information at github.com/tweedegolf/101-rs and you can sponsor the work at github.com/sponsors/tweedegolf. They are released under the Creative Commons Attribution Share Alike 4.0 International license.
This series of videos is copyright 2023 Andy Balaam and the tweede golf contributors and is released under the Creative Commons Attribution Share Alike 4.0 International license.