I am pleased to announce that Just::Thread Pro v2.5.0 has been released. This adds support for gcc 7, clang 4.0 and clang 5.0, but the big change with this version is the support for coroutines with Microsoft Visual Studio 2017, and clang 5.0 on ubuntu when used with libc++ 5.0.
Just::Thread Pro is our C++ concurrency extensions library which provides an Actor framework for easier concurrency, along with concurrent data structures: a thread-safe queue, and concurrent hash map, and a wrapper for ensuring synchronized access to single objects.
It also includes the new facilities from the Concurrency TS:
Coroutines support is here!
V2.5.0 adds support for coroutines with Microsoft Visual Studio 2017 and clang
5.0. This means that you can now use
co_await to wait for a
std::experimental::future, and can create coroutines that return a
Just::Thread Pro is now fully supported on the following compiler/OS combinations (32-bit and 64-bit):
- Microsoft Visual Studio 2015 for Windows
- Microsoft Visual Studio 2017 for Windows
- gcc 5 for Ubuntu 14.04 or later
- gcc 6 for Ubuntu 14.04 or later
- gcc 7 for Ubuntu 14.04 or later
- clang 3.8 for Ubuntu 16.04 or later
- clang 3.9 for Ubuntu 16.04 or later
- clang 4.0 for Ubuntu 16.04 or later
- clang 5.0 for Ubuntu 16.04 or later with libc++ or libstdc++
- gcc 5 for Fedora 22 and 23
- gcc 6 for Fedora 24 and 25
- gcc 7 for Fedora 26
- clang 3.8 for Fedora 24
- clang 3.9 for Fedora 25
- clang 4.0 for Fedora 26
Just::Thread Pro v2.2 is also supported with the Just::Thread compatibility library on the following compiler/OS combinations:
- Microsoft Visual Studio 2005, 2008, 2010, 2012 and 2013 for Windows
- TDM gcc 4.5.2, 4.6.1 and 4.8.1 for Windows
- g++ 4.3 or later for Ubuntu 9.04 or later
- g++ 4.4 or later for Fedora 13 or later
- g++ 4.4 for Centos 6
- MacPorts g++ 4.3 to 4.8 on MacOSX Snow Leopard or later
All licences include a free upgrade to point releases, so if you purchase now you'll get a free upgrade to all 2.x releases of Just::Thread Pro. Purchasers of the older Just::Thread library (now called the compatibility library) may upgrade to Just::Thread Pro for a small fee.
Follow me on Twitter